Compass Cottage Bach, Abersoch
£650 – £950
Walk to Beach
Walk to Pub
Walk to Shop
From £650 for 7 nights
If you’re looking for a special location to spend your holiday then look no further than ‘Compass Cottage’, one of the most photographed and instantly recognisable properties in Abersoch. Situated in the heart of the picturesque inner harbour just a few hundred yards from the village shops, pubs and restaurants, this quaint fisherman’s cottage has been tastefully extended and is deceptively spacious.
Beautifully decorated and immaculately presented Compass Cottage Bach sleeps up to four guests in any two of the properties four bedrooms and is available to rent out of peak season. Choose from a large en-suite master bedroom with super king sized bed, a double with king sized bed, a beautiful twin room a single room with additional pull out bed.
The living room enjoys stunning views over the harbour and beyond towards Llanbedrog headland and the open waters of Cardigan Bay. At high tide there is a hive of activity on the water with various water craft being launched immediately below the cottage; at low tide paddle across the harbour river onto the sandy Harbour Beach or simply enjoy watching the visiting oyster catchers and resident heron.
- Lounge a lovely spacious room at the end of the house with two large picture windows directly overlooking the harbour with fabulous views towards Llanbedrog headland and the open sea. Comfortable seating and wall mounted TV with Freeview. French doors leading onto a sunny terrace and lower paved garden area.
- Kitchen, well equipped cottage style kitchen with integrated over & hob, dishwasher and fridge. A small breakfast table set in the cottage’s iconic arched window offers views directly towards the Lifeboat Station and the open sea beyond.
- Utility, with separate fridge, washing machine and sink for outdoor clothes.
- Dining room with patio door opening on to top terrace area.
Guests booking Compass Cottage Bach have use of any two of the four bedrooms, (please inform us when booking which rooms you would like) the remaining bedrooms will be locked while the rest of the house will be available to use as normal.
- Master bedroom one with super king size bed, ample storage, sofa and window seating designed to make the most of the room’s fabulous views. Spacious en-suite bathroom with bath, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom two, with king size bed
- Bedroom three, a beautifully styled room with French style twin beds and windows overlooking the harbour
- Bedroom four, ideal for children with a single bed and additional pull out bed
- Shower room with shower, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail
- Outside, paved patio areas with garden furniture overlooking the harbour, the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a drink while watching the coming and goings on the water
- Cellar with freezer, BBQ and washing line (please do not light or use the BBQ in the cellar, BBQ for outdoor use only!) The cellar can be used for storing outdoor equipment (bikes, sail boards etc), but not petrol.
- Check in from 5pm
- Check out by 9am
- Beds made up on arrival – tea towels provided but please bring your own bath towels
- £300 refundable security deposit
- Please note that parking on the slipway outside the property is for unloading only, there is designated parking for two cars close by. Parking is also available in the harbour below the house when the tide is out, however please be aware of the tides!
- Compass Cottage Bach sleeps up to four guests in two bedrooms and is available during low and mid season. During high season the property will be only be rented as a four bedroom property (Compass Cottage) sleeping up to eight guests.
- Short breaks available during low season
- Central heating – electricity included
Compass Cottage is situated in the heart of the Abersoch, in a wonderful location directly overlooking the inner harbour, with all the amenities of the village on the doorstep.
To reach the property turn left at Londis shortly after you enter the village; pass Beresford Adams on your right and continue towards the harbour, turning onto the slipway just beyond ‘Breeze’. Compass Cottage is the last house on the slipway. Parking outside the property for unloading only, there is provision for parking two cars in designated area on Beach Road, just a few hundred yards from the cottage.