Compass Cottage, Abersoch
£850 – £2,200
Walk to Beach
Walk to Pub
Walk to Shop
From £850 for 7 nights
If you’re looking for a special location to spend your holiday then look no further than ‘Compass Cottage’, one of the most photographed and instantly recognisable properties in Abersoch. Situated in the heart of the picturesque inner harbour just a few hundred yards from the village shops, pubs and restaurants, this quaint fisherman’s cottage has been tastefully extended and is deceptively spacious.
Beautifully decorated and immaculately presented Compass Cottage sleeps up to eight guests in four bedrooms with a large en-suite master bedroom with superking bed, a second double with king sized bed, a beautiful twin room and an a further single room with additional pull out bed.
The living room enjoys stunning views over the harbour and beyond towards Llanbedrog headland and the open waters of Cardigan Bay. At high tide there is a hive of activity on the water with various water craft being launched immediately below the cottage; at low tide paddle across the harbour river onto the sandy Harbour Beach or simply enjoy watching the visiting oyster catchers and resident heron.
- Lounge a lovely spacious room at the end of the house with two large picture windows directly overlooking the harbour with fabulous views towards Llanbedrog headland and the open sea. Comfortable seating for eight; wall mounted TV with Freeview. French doors leading onto a sunny terrace and lower paved garden area.
- Kitchen, well equipped cottage style kitchen with integrated oven & hob, dishwasher and fridge. A small breakfast table set in the cottage’s iconic arched window offers views directly towards the Lifeboat Station and the open water beyond.
- Utility, with separate fridge, washing machine and sink for outdoor clothes.
- Dining room with table and chairs to seat eight guests and patio door opening on to top patio area.
- Master bedroom one with super king size bed, ample storage, sofa and window seating designed to make the most of the room’s fabulous views. Spacious en-suite bathroom with bath, WC and wash basin.
- Bedroom two, with king size bed
- Bedroom three, a beautifully styled room with French style twin beds and windows overlooking the harbour
- Bedroom four, ideal for children with a single bed and additional single pull out bed
- Shower room with shower, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail
- Outside, paved patio areas with garden furniture overlooking the harbour, the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a drink while watching the coming and goings on the water
- Cellar with freezer, BBQ and washing line, (please do not light or use the BBQ in the cellar, BBQ for outdoor use only). The cellar can be used for storing outdoor equipment (bikes, sail boards etc) but not petrol.
- Check in from 5pm
- Check out by 9am
- Beds made up on arrival – tea towels provided but please bring your own bath towels
- £300 refundable security deposit
- Please note that parking on the slipway outside the property is for unloading only, there is designated parking for two cars close by. Parking is also available in the harbour below the house when the tide is out, however please be aware of the tides!
- Out of high season the property can be rented as a two bedroom property (Compass Cottage Bach) sleeping up to four guests. During high season the property will be rented as a four bedroom property only (Compass Cottage), sleeping up to eight guests.
- Short breaks available during low season
- Central heating – electricity included
- Sorry, no pets
Compass Cottage is situated in the heart of the Abersoch, in a wonderful location directly overlooking the inner harbour, with all the amenities of the village on the doorstep.
To reach the property turn left at Londis shortly after you enter the village; pass Beresford Adams on your right and continue towards the harbour, turning onto the slipway just beyond ‘Breeze’. Compass Cottage is the last house on the slipway. Parking outside the property for unloading only, there is provision for parking two cars in designated area on Beach Road, just a few hundred yards from the cottage.