We are regularly amending this page to keep all information as up to date as possible.
Last updated: 12th March 2021
We are aware that Government rules regarding coronavirus may impact your planned holidays. As the guidelines within the UK are constantly changing it can be hard to know what is and what is not allowed under the current rules. This page aims to clarify the rules as they apply to holiday accommodation within Wales.
What are the rules in Wales?
On Saturday 13th March Wales’ ‘stay home’ requirement is replaced with ‘stay local’. This is the first step in the gradual easing of Welsh lockdown restrictions.
On Saturday 27th March the ‘stay local’ requirement will end, and self-catering accommodation will reopen to guests travelling from within Wales.
Self-catering holiday accommodation will reopen to guests from England from 12th April in line with the English rules on travel.
I’m not sure whether I can still come on my planned holiday?
If you live in an area where travel is restricted due to a local or national lockdown; if you have been told that you must self-isolate or if you test positive for Covid-19 then you must not travel.
What are my options if Covid-related restrictions affect my holiday?
If Covid-related legal restrictions affect your planned holiday the following options are available:
- We can transfer your booking to alternative dates; there will be no transfer fee.
- We can amend your booking to ensure that it complies with Welsh Covid regulations (for example to reduce the number of guests to ensure the booking is made up of one household or ‘bubble’)
- If neither of the above options is suitable we will liaise with the property owner to facilitate a refund of monies already paid*
We will aim to contact all guests who may be affected by changing coronavirus restrictions, however, it remains guests’ responsibility to ensure they are following the Government’s Covid guidelines.
What are my options if I no longer wish to travel?
If you no longer wish to come on holiday, but your holiday is not affected by legal Covid-related restrictions then our usual booking conditions still apply.
Can I book a new holiday?
Yes. We are taking bookings for guests travelling within Wales for holidays commencing from Monday 29th March; for guests travelling from England, this date is 12th April.
We are taking bookings as normal for summer 2021 and beyond. As long as there are no legal restrictions affecting travel during your chosen dates then you may still book a new holiday.
Changes we’ve made to help keep our guests, owners and staff safe during this time
- Arrival/departure times – Following public health guidance we are allowing additional time in between guests in order to reduce the risk of infection and to allow changeover teams to thoroughly clean, ventilate and sanitise our properties. All check-in times are now 5pm and check-out 9am. If you wish to arrive in the area earlier please feel free to park at the property but do not enter the property until 5pm.
- Key safes – In order to reduce contact between our staff and guests keys are no longer collected from the office. All our properties now have a key safe; the key code will be emailed to you prior to your arrival.
- Decorative/additional items – In order to reduce the number of ‘high touch’ items in our properties our owners have removed items such as ornaments, extraneous kitchen items, books and board games etc, so you may want to pack a few extra bits and pieces.
If you cannot find the answer to your question here then please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01758 712 408 and we will do our best to help you.
*Please note that any refunds offered are made by the Owner of the property and facilitated by Home from Home as an Agent on behalf of the Owner. Refunds are at the Owner’s discretion and are not a legal obligation. Where a refund is requested due to Covid legal restrictions we will do our utmost to facilitate this.