Swn y Borth, Llanengan
£1,150 – £1,500
Walk to Beach
Walk to Pub
From £490 for 7 nights
Swn y Borth is a characterful former fishermen’s cottage located on the edge of Llanengan close to Porth Neigwl (Hell’s Mouth). Recently renovated and extended the property benefits from a large downstairs extension which creates a spacious, modern feel while the upstairs retains the character and proportions of the original property.
The property sleeps six in two doubles (one of these is a ground floor room) and a twin bedroom, with a large living room, dining kitchen, downstairs shower room and additional upstairs loo.
The cottage is just a short way from Hell’s Mouth and there are stunning sea views from the rear of the property. There is off road parking for up to three vehicles on the driveway to the side of the property.
- Lounge, a light, spacious room with wonderful sea views and huge bi-fold doors which open onto the patio and garden beyond; oak flooring with under floor heating, multi-fuel burner, plenty of comfortable sofa space and an extra large TV ideal for a family movie night
- Kitchen/Dining area, fully fitted kitchen equipped with a Miele gas hob, electric fan assisted oven, large fridge and microwave; bi-fold doors open from the dining area to the south facing patio area with views over the garden towards the sea
- Master bedroom one, a downstairs room with king sized bed, ample storage with chest of drawers and built in wardrobe, next to
- Luxury shower-room with double shower, WC and extra large wash basin
Stairs lead to the first floor where there are two bright bedrooms located under the eaves
- Bedroom two, located under the eves, with double bed and fantastic sea views
- Bedroom three, under the eves with twin single beds with an optional third pull-out bed with proper mattress, en-suite WC and sea views
- Outside, bi-fold doors open from the kitchen onto a patio area with outdoor furniture, a real suntrap which is protected from any weather, the patio provides a lovely spot for alfresco entertaining; a BBQ is available for guests’ use. Beyond the patio is a south facing garden and wonderful sea views.
- Parking, there is off road parking for 2-3 vehicles on the driveway to the side of the property
- Check in from 5pm
- Check out by 9am
- Beds made up on arrival – tea towels provided but please bring your own bath towels
- Please mind your head on the stairs and on entering the upstairs bedrooms
- £300 refundable security deposit
Swn y Borth is located on the edge of Llanengan, close to Porth Neigwl/Hell’s Mouth and around 1.5 miles from Abersoch.
To reach the property pass through Abersoch, continuing up the high street and out of the village along Lon Sarn Bach. In Sarn Bach turn right at the crossroads and continue until you reach a T junction; turn left into Llanengan, pass the Sun Inn on the left hand side and continue towards Hell’s Mouth. Shortly before you reach Hell’s Mouth you will see a lane to the left hand side; Swn y Borth can be found a little way along this lane on the right-hand side. There is parking for up to three cars on the driveway.